How do I request a birth certificate?
Requests for birth certificates can be made in person, by mail, or via fax.
You will need:
- Valid photo ID (or photocopy of, if requesting by mail)
- Name, address and telephone number of person requesting certificate
- Relationship to person named on the record (Self, parent, legal guardian, etc.)
- Signature of person requesting certificate
- Full birth name of person on the record
- Date of birth
- City of birth
- Father's full name
- Mother's full name before first married
- A Request Form is available by picking on the following link: Birth Request form. Please type your information into the fields of this document, print, sign and submit to the County Clerk's office.
- Appropriate fee
How much does a birth certificate cost?
- $20.00 – one certified copy
- $15.00 – each additional copy of the same record
Method of payments accepted:
- Local Dickinson County check (no Out of County checks)
- Money orders
- MasterCard/Visa *