- Name of person requesting certificate
- Requestor’s mailing address (if applicable)
- Name of decedent
- Year of death*
- City of death*
- Appropriate copy fee
* If you don’t know the year of death or where the death occurred a clerk can perform a Records’ Search. The cost is $5 per decade to be searched.
- $20.00 - one certified copy
- $15.00 - each additional certified copy of same record
- $5.00 – 10 year search
- Local Dickinson County check (no Out of County checks)
- Money orders
- MasterCard/Visa *
Please make checks and money orders payable to: "Dickinson County Clerk".
* Credit card payments must include: Full Name on Card, Card Number & Expiration Date (MM/YY), 3-Digit V-Code & Billing Address.
Where do I bring/send/fax my request?
Requests can be made in person at the County Clerk’s Office at the Dickinson County Courthouse located at:
705 S. Stephenson
Iron Mountain, MI
Requests by mail can be sent to:
County Clerk’s Office
705 S. Stephenson Ave.
P.O. Box 609
Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Requests by fax can be faxed to:
How long does it take to receive the certificate?
Requests made in person are processed while you wait and the death certificate is issued immediately.
Requests through the mail are processed the same day they are received and the death certificate is sent out immediately.
All other requests are processed once payment has been received.