Military Discharges DD214

Veterans’ discharge papers (DD214) are available at the County Clerk’s Office ONLY if the veteran filed the DD214 with the Clerk following his/her discharge. 

Who can obtain a copy of Discharge papers?
DD214s are confidential and are only available to:

  • the Veteran named on record,
  • the Next-of-Kin of a deceased veteran,
    • Please Note:  Next-of-Kin must supply proof of veteran’s death (i.e. death certificate / obituary) and proof of relationship to the veteran (i.e. birth certificates, marriage license, etc)
    • Next-of-Kin include:  the widow(er), child, parent, or sibling of the deceased
  • Government agencies providing veterans’ benefits. 

How do I obtain a copy of my discharge papers?
Requests for certified copies of a DD214 can be made in person, by mail or via fax.  You will need: 

  • Full Name of Veteran
  • Year of Discharge or Year Document was Recorded
  • Signature of Requestor
  • Photo ID of requestor (or photocopy for mail and fax requests)
  • Proof of Kin-ship, if applicable (see Above)
A Request Form is available HERE.

There is no charge for copies of DD214s.

home page contact calendar